Structural Analysis with COMSOL Multiphysics® Version 6.1
See what's new for structural analysis in COMSOL Multiphysics® version 6.1 in this archived webinar. We start by giving a brief overview of the latest updates in the Structural Mechanics Module. Then we discuss each of these updates in more detail and show some in action using new tutorial models.
The following new features and updates are discussed:
- Contact modeling enhancements for solids, shells, and membranes
- Method for assigning materials to thin structures that makes it easier to analyze gaskets and adhesive layers
- Feature for the numerical testing of material models
- Physics interface for the analysis of systems of cables or wires
In addition, we cover news in the Nonlinear Structural Materials Module for modeling viscoplasticity and hyperelasticity. We end the presentation by discussing a new feature for modeling rotor rub, available in the Rotordynamics Module.
- Learn more about the Structural Mechanics Module
- Download the latest version of COMSOL Multiphysics®