Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

eigenfrequency problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi agin!
I'm trying to solve a regular eigenfrequency problem in the RF module. Bur it won't solve the problem, it complains and says ''Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian'' for solver 1. What have i missed? If someone knows what this means, please help me!
Tanks!

2 Replies Last Post Aug 13, 2010, 4:10 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 11, 2010, 1:51 p.m. EDT
Hi there,

I have a similar problem. This error seems to be a meshing problem, but sometimes the eigenfrequency analysis works, making things seem to be a matter of luck!

Thanks,

Milena

Hi agin!
I'm trying to solve a regular eigenfrequency problem in the RF module. Bur it won't solve the problem, it complains and says ''Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian'' for solver 1. What have i missed? If someone knows what this means, please help me!
Tanks!

Hi there, I have a similar problem. This error seems to be a meshing problem, but sometimes the eigenfrequency analysis works, making things seem to be a matter of luck! Thanks, Milena [QUOTE] Hi agin! I'm trying to solve a regular eigenfrequency problem in the RF module. Bur it won't solve the problem, it complains and says ''Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian'' for solver 1. What have i missed? If someone knows what this means, please help me! Tanks! [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 13, 2010, 4:10 a.m. EDT
Given the information, the only thing anyone could say is that you missed something out :) In problems like these, better upload the model to get specific answers.
Given the information, the only thing anyone could say is that you missed something out :) In problems like these, better upload the model to get specific answers.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.