Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

airfoil CAD drawing

MohammadHasan Khaliji Oskouei

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody

I used he CAD modelling (Extrude part) for draw the airfoil NACA0015, the chord length of the airfoil is 200mm and my airfoil shape have 3mm shell thickness and in it is empty (I attached a file to downloaded and see the external (Max) points of this airfoil in the Excel program). But I can not draw that and I have error for zero point when I used the extrude part.
Please help me how can I draw it in the CAD part.

Best Regard
Mohammad

2 Replies Last Post Oct 26, 2010, 6:25 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 10, 2010, 6:03 p.m. EDT
Hi

I found no easy way to import it in V4, tried via Solidworks but its rather longish. I agree there should be a simple way to import grid points and make a polyline out of it

The only true way I found is to make a polylin in COSOL and then enter the coordinates, by hand one point by one point

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I found no easy way to import it in V4, tried via Solidworks but its rather longish. I agree there should be a simple way to import grid points and make a polyline out of it The only true way I found is to make a polylin in COSOL and then enter the coordinates, by hand one point by one point Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 26, 2010, 6:25 p.m. EDT
I was able to do this in 3.5a by selecting Draw, Specify Object, Line, and pasting in the x,y coordinates of each point. I had Polyline selected.

I got the point coordinates out of SolidWorks (google how to do this) and into an excel spreadsheet. From that I copied the coordinates.
I was able to do this in 3.5a by selecting Draw, Specify Object, Line, and pasting in the x,y coordinates of each point. I had Polyline selected. I got the point coordinates out of SolidWorks (google how to do this) and into an excel spreadsheet. From that I copied the coordinates.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.