Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid and Structure Interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi! I am getting the error code 7220 when trying to solve the attached model. The solid structure is under a load produced by the fluid as well as a load of 0.0076 N/m^2 on curve 1. The fluid is flowing due to a difference in pressure. The pressure at inlet (curve 1) is 200,000 Pa and the pressure at the two outlets (curve 5 & 9) is 0 Pa. If I highlight only u,v,x, and y on the Solver Manager, the model will solve for the solid subdomain but not the fluid subdomain. I would like to be able to solve both the solid and fluid subdomains without the error message. Please let me know what I can do to fix the model. Thank you very much!

1 Reply Last Post May 18, 2010, 1:40 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 18, 2010, 1:40 a.m. EDT
Just add lm5 lm6 lm7 to your solver sequences as well. They are the lagrange multipliers.
Just add lm5 lm6 lm7 to your solver sequences as well. They are the lagrange multipliers.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.