Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unit conversion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I wanted to convert microliter/minute to m/s
i used
1 m3/s = 3.6e12 microliter/hour formula.
But it seems to make my flow very slow.

Please suggest if I need to use a different conversion formula.
Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Oct 7, 2013, 4:13 a.m. EDT
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 7, 2013, 4:08 a.m. EDT
Hi,

This conversion is correct. If you define the volumetric flow rate using the unit syntax in COMSOL as

3.6e12[µl/h]

(for microliters per hour) then COMSOL converts it to 1 m^3/s for a model using SI units. If that is fast or slow depends on other model parameters, I guess, but in microfluidics it seems like a very high number.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, This conversion is correct. If you define the volumetric flow rate using the unit syntax in COMSOL as 3.6e12[µl/h] (for microliters per hour) then COMSOL converts it to 1 m^3/s for a model using SI units. If that is fast or slow depends on other model parameters, I guess, but in microfluidics it seems like a very high number. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 7, 2013, 4:13 a.m. EDT
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Actually my flow rate is 10 microliter/min, which i wanted to input as meter/second.
So let me try to increase the value
Thanks again

-Lalitha
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Actually my flow rate is 10 microliter/min, which i wanted to input as meter/second. So let me try to increase the value Thanks again -Lalitha

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.