Planar spiral inductors

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Im building a planar coil for simulation of inductance. The model consists of many square coils. When im building it, I am getting an error " Numeric coil Coil 1 (coil1) not solved for. Solve it in a Coil Geometry Analysis step. "

Please help me to rectify the error.

3 Replies Last Post May 20, 2024, 2:36 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 18, 2024, 6:18 p.m. EDT

Almost invariably that message means that there is no coil geometry analysis step and there needs to be one.

If that's not it post the model.

Almost invariably that message means that there is no coil geometry analysis step and there needs to be one. If that's not it post the model.

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 20, 2024, 3:02 a.m. EDT

Thank you for the valuable suggestion. I have added the coil geomatry analysis step. But the same error appeared. I have attached the file here. please help me to find the coil resistance and inductance.

Thank you.

Thank you for the valuable suggestion. I have added the coil geomatry analysis step. But the same error appeared. I have attached the file here. please help me to find the coil resistance and inductance. Thank you.

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 20, 2024, 2:36 p.m. EDT

I have attached the file here. please help me to find the coil resistance and inductance.

No you haven't. Read the instructions for reducing the model size (if necessary) and then attach.

>I have attached the file here. please help me to find the coil resistance and inductance. No you haven't. Read the instructions for reducing the model size (if necessary) and then attach.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.