Finding the Electric Field using 2D model with mf physics.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Im tyring to find the electric fields produced by the changing Bfield in my simluation. It is a very simple set up (see .mph file). I've tried using magnetic field and coil to produce the B-field but no Efield is shown on results. Not sure how to include the J=E formula into my simluation.

3 Replies Last Post Nov 22, 2023, 3:06 a.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 months ago Nov 21, 2023, 6:13 p.m. EST
Updated: 5 months ago Nov 21, 2023, 6:06 p.m. EST

Have you considered using the mef physics instead?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Have you considered using the mef physics instead?

Posted: 5 months ago Nov 21, 2023, 8:45 p.m. EST
Updated: 5 months ago Nov 21, 2023, 9:09 p.m. EST

Mr. Koslover,

The thought has crossed my mind. However, mef is a little more involved than mf when it comes to the physics. If you could provide a good mef example or detailed explanation that could really help. I'll do my best to describe the setup.

setup 1. 2D model 2. create a Bfield that oscillates at frequency 13MHz. 3. the field will tranverse a ring structure. The inside and outside of the ring will have different electrical properties. If possible the ring boundry will too.
4. Finally, plot the induced electric field in and around the ring. Along with the Bfield.

Any help is much appreciated. I was thinking if using mf and coil feature to generate the bfield in the frequency domain. I'll see if that works.

Mr. Koslover, The thought has crossed my mind. However, mef is a little more involved than mf when it comes to the physics. If you could provide a good mef example or detailed explanation that could really help. I'll do my best to describe the setup. setup 1. 2D model 2. create a Bfield that oscillates at frequency 13MHz. 3. the field will tranverse a ring structure. The inside and outside of the ring will have different electrical properties. If possible the ring boundry will too. 4. Finally, plot the induced electric field in and around the ring. Along with the Bfield. Any help is much appreciated. I was thinking if using mf and coil feature to generate the bfield in the frequency domain. I'll see if that works.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 months ago Nov 22, 2023, 3:06 a.m. EST

Hm, the induced electric field is available in mf. Check the available result quantities.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hm, the induced electric field is available in mf. Check the available result quantities. Cheers Edgar

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.