Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezo actuator in Fluid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
i want to simulate MEMS resonator with Piezo actuator in Fluid in COMSOL 4.3,but i don‘t know,how could i Piezodevice coupling to Fluid.Which ”Physics“should i use?Fluid-structure-interaction?

4 Replies Last Post Nov 6, 2012, 1:49 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 4, 2012, 11:32 a.m. EST
Hi

yes FSI is one possibility, acoustic probably another (I do not have that one) but if you want frequency domain analysis then FSi does not works, as the physics is not set up for that solver type

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi yes FSI is one possibility, acoustic probably another (I do not have that one) but if you want frequency domain analysis then FSi does not works, as the physics is not set up for that solver type -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 4, 2012, 1:48 p.m. EST
Hi,
thanks for your answer,now i know that FSI don’t support frequency domain analysis,in other way could i do time dependent anlysis then convert it to frequency domain?

Kai
Hi, thanks for your answer,now i know that FSI don’t support frequency domain analysis,in other way could i do time dependent anlysis then convert it to frequency domain? Kai

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 4, 2012, 2:49 p.m. EST
Hi

you cannot convert a time domain to frequency domain, but you can excite a time domain with a Ampl*sinus(2*pi*freq*t), but that takes a long time as you need to run the time solver for many steps per periode, and you need to have good initial conditions to avoid any ringing transients. But I agree it is possible.

On the other hand, to add the fliud load, normally that should be doable via the acoustic, and in the frequency domain, but ti's just that I do not have access to that module so I have not managed to try it nor validate it

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you cannot convert a time domain to frequency domain, but you can excite a time domain with a Ampl*sinus(2*pi*freq*t), but that takes a long time as you need to run the time solver for many steps per periode, and you need to have good initial conditions to avoid any ringing transients. But I agree it is possible. On the other hand, to add the fliud load, normally that should be doable via the acoustic, and in the frequency domain, but ti's just that I do not have access to that module so I have not managed to try it nor validate it -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 6, 2012, 1:49 p.m. EST
This may meet your requirements:
www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/1477/
This may meet your requirements: www.comsol.com/showroom/gallery/1477/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.