Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using a previously obtained electric potential in the Nernst-Planck equations interface.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I've calculated an electric potential distribution using the electric currents interface, and now I need to use that electric potential in the migration term of the Nernst-Planck equation. I’m not sure how to couple both physics. I thought about simply typing V for the electric potential in the dependent variables of the Nernst-Planck equations interface, but I don’t know if Comsol would recognize it as the electric potential I obtained previously. Also both analyses are time-dependent, so I need that for a given moment in time the electric potential in Nernst-Planck equations interface is the electric potential calculated with the electric currents interface for that specific time. I’d really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 25, 2012, 12:48 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Iván De La Pava

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.