Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

1D-plot (line graph)

Thongchai Asavaparjukul

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am a new ComSol user.
I have simulated the model and got the result plotting in line graph.
I would like to have a result data in table (with xy-coordinate)
How can I do this?
Thank you very much.

3 Replies Last Post Aug 9, 2012, 10:57 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 8, 2012, 10:59 a.m. EDT
Hi Thongchai,

I think I'm having a similar problem and I found a non-perfect solution. Please read both posts I made in this thread: www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/30781/

Put simply, my strategy is to go to Results > Export (right click export), then > Data. You have to type in the expressions you want to export. This has worked for me with one exception: instead of getting 1 row with 9 columns (each column being a data point). I got 9 columns with 10s of thousands of rows. Where all the rows are redundant (they contain the same information as the first row). It's kind of annoying because the file size is much larger than it needs to be, but at least it works.

I hope that helps.

-Steve
Hi Thongchai, I think I'm having a similar problem and I found a non-perfect solution. Please read both posts I made in this thread: http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/30781/ Put simply, my strategy is to go to Results > Export (right click export), then > Data. You have to type in the expressions you want to export. This has worked for me with one exception: instead of getting 1 row with 9 columns (each column being a data point). I got 9 columns with 10s of thousands of rows. Where all the rows are redundant (they contain the same information as the first row). It's kind of annoying because the file size is much larger than it needs to be, but at least it works. I hope that helps. -Steve

Thongchai Asavaparjukul

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 8, 2012, 11:43 a.m. EDT
Dear Steve,
Thank you very much, now it is working perfectly for me!
I would have another question, if I want to put this output data result as an input of another structure for Solid Mechanics Interaction module, how can I import it?
Again, Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Thongchai Asavaprajukul
Dear Steve, Thank you very much, now it is working perfectly for me! I would have another question, if I want to put this output data result as an input of another structure for Solid Mechanics Interaction module, how can I import it? Again, Thank you very much. Best Regards, Thongchai Asavaprajukul

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 9, 2012, 10:57 a.m. EDT
Unfortunately, I'm also a beginner with COMSOL; I'm not sure I can help you out. I've been working with microfluidics so I don't know anything about structural mechanics.
Unfortunately, I'm also a beginner with COMSOL; I'm not sure I can help you out. I've been working with microfluidics so I don't know anything about structural mechanics.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.