Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

LI ion battery charge/discharge: initial voltage

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello, I am using 1d electrochemical couple with 3D thermal model to simulate charge/discharge of LI-ION battery. sometimes it's difficult to converge when change air's velocity [error: Failed to find consistent initial values. Singular matrix. Last time step is not converged.],so I delete the fluid domain and use heat transfer coefficient to simplify. then something strange occurr,I get different voltage(t=0s) at the time dependent step. since the li-ion battery part is the same, i dont think different thermal model (initial temperature is 293K) can lead to different t0 voltage. but the result is different,what problem can cause this, initial vuale issue lead to wrong result? looking forward for your help, thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 21, 2022, 9:31 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Mar 21, 2022, 9:31 p.m. EDT

solved it is initial values issue. it lead to numerical problem. when add a step function to load the current,the difference can be tolerated.

solved it is initial values issue. it lead to numerical problem. when add a step function to load the current,the difference can be tolerated.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.