Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to create a very thiny layer?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone! I'm a beginner in comsol and i have a problem. I want to create cylinder (r=0.01 m, h=0.15 m) with layer (d=1e-5 m). Comsol write that minimal layer thickness is 5e-5 m. If I change default relative repair tolerance (in geometry node) there is nothing happen. Can anyone help me?

1 Reply Last Post Jun 13, 2012, 4:13 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 13, 2012, 4:13 a.m. EDT
Hi

make two cylinders overlapping each other explicitely and aadd your layer thickness to the radoius and or height.

Normally for such high ratios it'sbetter to use thin layer physics and mesh the boundary

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi make two cylinders overlapping each other explicitely and aadd your layer thickness to the radoius and or height. Normally for such high ratios it'sbetter to use thin layer physics and mesh the boundary -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.