Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Combine two objects in one, version 4.2.a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Fellows,

I need little help in version 4.2a.

If I for example have one sphere and one conus (there is some intersection between them of course) , how to made one object of these two objects? I want to make just one domain of these two domains.

I tried with union, but I can't solve it on that way.

Thank in advanced.

7 Replies Last Post Jun 13, 2012, 4:46 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 12, 2012, 11:34 a.m. EDT
can you send an example file?
--
Felipe
can you send an example file? -- Felipe

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 12, 2012, 2:35 p.m. EDT
Hello,

Thank you for your help.

This is most simple example of that problem (block + sphere).

How of these two objects (domains) I can make one.

Regards,

Nikola

Hello, Thank you for your help. This is most simple example of that problem (block + sphere). How of these two objects (domains) I can make one. Regards, Nikola

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 12, 2012, 7:13 p.m. EDT
Nikola,

I'm not able to open your file, comsol says the " ... model is damaged or not valid".

Can you tell me your comsol's version? (the first line that appears in the message tab after opening comsol).

cheers,
--
Felipe
Nikola, I'm not able to open your file, comsol says the " ... model is damaged or not valid". Can you tell me your comsol's version? (the first line that appears in the message tab after opening comsol). cheers, -- Felipe

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 13, 2012, 12:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

you need to upload the file again, I suspect the disk on their server to be full ;) We (I? ;) are too verboose here on the Forum

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you need to upload the file again, I suspect the disk on their server to be full ;) We (I? ;) are too verboose here on the Forum -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 13, 2012, 3:56 a.m. EDT
Hello again,

Version of my comsol is 4.2a.

I am sending you again the file.

Conus + sphere I want to put in one object (domain).

With best regards,

Nikola
Hello again, Version of my comsol is 4.2a. I am sending you again the file. Conus + sphere I want to put in one object (domain). With best regards, Nikola

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 13, 2012, 4:09 a.m. EDT
Hi

Add a geometry Bolean operation union node, supress the "keep interiour boundaries" tick and off you go, no ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Add a geometry Bolean operation union node, supress the "keep interiour boundaries" tick and off you go, no ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 13, 2012, 4:46 a.m. EDT
Aaaa,

that is the trick, I should clear "keep interiour boundaries" box.

Thank you very much Mr Kjelberg .

Regards,

Nikola
Aaaa, that is the trick, I should clear "keep interiour boundaries" box. Thank you very much Mr Kjelberg . Regards, Nikola

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.