Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D and 1D EM field scale difference

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear experts of Comsol and Moderators.
I have a question.
I design ICP chamber and get the data of EM fields. Normals...
Actually 3D data scale shows like En=250V/m, Hn=130A/m, but when I do Cutline and check 1D datas,
It shows like 12000 V/m and 300A/m, and also shows not reasonable Peeks. When I see 3D graph, it is pretty Uniform, so i couldn't understand what are those peeks, and where are those big digits from?
Dear Professionals please answer my questions.
Thank you for your kindness!

P.S. Sorry I can't attach some picture or model, because confidential information and company policy.
Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post May 24, 2012, 1:49 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2012, 1:49 a.m. EDT
Hi

often its worth to make a neuitral simple model and try to reproduce the effects with that for exchange and learning purpouse.

Have you cheked the mesh density and if your pits and digs are mesh related ?. (tuen on wireframe and no interpolation

Often in EM you get quite strong singularities, particularly at sharp corners, edges, that is often worth to "soften" by fillets

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi often its worth to make a neuitral simple model and try to reproduce the effects with that for exchange and learning purpouse. Have you cheked the mesh density and if your pits and digs are mesh related ?. (tuen on wireframe and no interpolation Often in EM you get quite strong singularities, particularly at sharp corners, edges, that is often worth to "soften" by fillets -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.