Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parametric sweep of a geometry feature OR a way to keep the old solution set when you click solve again

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was wondering if it is possible to do a parametric sweep of a geometry feature. For example, have one of my domains change from 75nm, solve, to 35nm, solve, in the same set.
I know you can parameter sweep your variable or parameters, but I wasn't sure about this since I think it would need a new mesh if the size is changed.
I am curious to see if anyone has encountered this issue and how they dealt with it. Thanks.

Or

Can someone tell me how I can keep old solution sets when I click the solve button again. That was I could manually change the size and then just compare the two solutions.

Thank you

Brandon

2 Replies Last Post Mar 28, 2012, 9:09 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 28, 2012, 8:32 p.m. EDT
Yes, you can sweep over geometric parameters. You just need to define your parameter as global. By default COMSOL will re-mesh automatically. You can get additional control of the mesh by using Deformed Mesh interface.

To save solution right click Solver Configuration-Solver1 at it's been solved. "Copy" command is hidden inside of one of the menus there.
Yes, you can sweep over geometric parameters. You just need to define your parameter as global. By default COMSOL will re-mesh automatically. You can get additional control of the mesh by using Deformed Mesh interface. To save solution right click Solver Configuration-Solver1 at it's been solved. "Copy" command is hidden inside of one of the menus there.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 28, 2012, 9:09 p.m. EDT
Thanks again Alexander for saving me.

I found the Copy, and I assume making a copy will keep the solution for when I run the study again with different parameters.

Thanks again Alexander for saving me. I found the Copy, and I assume making a copy will keep the solution for when I run the study again with different parameters.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.