Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2d turbulent flow simulation in ladle

Ali Kohanzadehmaranlou

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

im trying to do a 2 dimensional turbulent flow simulation of liquid steel drainage in ladle (size:2.7 m, 1.3 m) during casting. i set the upper wall as an inlet and the nozzle as an outlet. i set the velocity of inlet and outlet to zero. i used moving mesh in turbulent flow to show the drainage of the ladle but i didnt get any result, only the upper wall is moving, there isnt any change in velocity which shows a flow pattern in the ladle, there is no drainage of steel. i defined a velocity for inlet and outlet but i encountered some error. i used timedependent in my simulation. in the moving mesh i put :
prescribed mesh velocity: upper wall
free deformation:whole shape

I couldnt attached my simulation file, your website shows a file size error, if it is possible i can send by email to you.

would you please guide me as soon as possible?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Mar 28, 2012, 4:03 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ali Kohanzadehmaranlou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.