Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Resultant force on an object.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hy,
I am a student mechanical engeneering trying to learn the basics of the comsol CFD module.

I am facing the following problem:
When trying to determine the resultant force (+- drag) acting on a sphere immersed in a fluid (such as water) I seem to be unable to determine its value.

This is how I proceed:
I set up a volume an then I put the sphere inside the volume. I then applied a mesh to the volume and defined the boundary condition (inlet: uniform speed; outlet: 0Pa).

Can someone explain this force?

0 Replies Last Post Mar 26, 2012, 2:37 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Niels Segers

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.