Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

time dependent

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir

i put voltage equals to 13kv (sine wave with freq= 7000hz)
on cable termination to see the steady state temp.. i solved my model by freqency stationary solver and it gives me good results.

when i try to solve the same mode by ime dependent solver by putting the voltage in (Variables),in the form of
13000 *sin(2*pi*freq*t) [v] and put the rang (0,0.1,200) it gives me nothing. why?

i asked this question becase i want to apply voltage = 13000 sin (omeg1*t)+ 700 sin (omeg2*t)
where omeg1= 2*pi*1000 hz
and omeg2= 2*pi*3000 hz

so what can i do?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 13, 2012, 6:36 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 13, 2012, 6:36 a.m. EDT

The time step is far too large. At 1000 Hz the period is 0.001 s and you must resolve the waveform with at least 10 points. So you need a step width of 0.0001 s.
This will probably take ages.

The time step is far too large. At 1000 Hz the period is 0.001 s and you must resolve the waveform with at least 10 points. So you need a step width of 0.0001 s. This will probably take ages.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.