Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot transfer function by point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am simulating heat transer in comsol 4.2 by time depent study case. After ending computation I woul like to figure out transfer function on chosen point by defined axes x, y, z. In the old version its via postprocessing - cross section plot parameter - point - pore transfer function. The problem ist that I cannot find similar path in newses Comsol.
To gain transfer function is very important for identification the system and then control it.

Thanks for response.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 19, 2012, 10:58 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 19, 2012, 10:58 a.m. EST
Hi

I suppose its in the "study - solver - other - state-space" node but I haven't tested it out in v4 but it would be interesting to get some feedback here on the Forum, its the only "good" way I know about to use a COMSOL "solid" model as driver for a simplified model for our control colleagues, when they must control our mechanisms.

But I haven't managed yet to get this loop working for a reasonable sized model, in 3.5 it worked nicely for simple models though. ut I have not thought about using it for thermal, but why not, interesting, pls keep us informed

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suppose its in the "study - solver - other - state-space" node but I haven't tested it out in v4 but it would be interesting to get some feedback here on the Forum, its the only "good" way I know about to use a COMSOL "solid" model as driver for a simplified model for our control colleagues, when they must control our mechanisms. But I haven't managed yet to get this loop working for a reasonable sized model, in 3.5 it worked nicely for simple models though. ut I have not thought about using it for thermal, but why not, interesting, pls keep us informed -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.