Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with creating a cross section of an imported 3D CAD (STL)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, I have a 3D CAD imported geometry in Comsol 5.3 a , I want to create the cross section of this geometry in 2D. I follow the standard instructions, starting with creating a workplan in 3D and later add an other 2D component and generate the cross section from the work plan. And this always gives me an error message “Not supported on virtual operations”. However, this works for all the 3D models created within COMSOl. Does someone knows the reason of this problem or another way to get the cross section of a 3D imported geometry?

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post Dec 9, 2019, 6:34 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ikram Issarti

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.