Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can COMSOL do thermal simulation from eigenfrequency result? (RF Module)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Now I am working on microwave cavity resonator problem.
I did eigenfrequency analysis to find the right operation mode,
and the next step is to find thermal distribution at that frequency mode.

I tried microwave heating module to find thermal solution, however it was not successful until now.
From RF module user guide, it looks like the microwave heating module is associated with
'Frequency-Stationary' and 'Frequency-Transient' study type only.

So my question is, can we find thermal solution from the surface current result of eigenfrequency study?
And if it is not available, would you give me any suggestion to solve this problem in different way?

Thank you so much. I would really appreciated if you give me a clue.
Regards, Ki

0 Replies Last Post Aug 26, 2011, 8:12 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ki Shin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.