Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 4.1 Save As dialog

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

One of the features that I had hoped would be changed in 4.x is the Save As dialog. As I am working, I frequently save versions of the file
file 0100
file 0101
etc

In all other apps that I can think of offhand, the current file name is put in the File Name field. All that is required is to change a few characters and save a new version. IN COMSOL, however, I must scroll through a list of existing files to find the one that I am working on, click that name, change a few characters, and save the file.

If I make a mistake and use the name of an existing file, COMSOL appropriately warns me and gives me a chance to overwrite the file. So I don't see any benefit to NOT populating the File Name with the current file name.

Would be nice to see this changed.

~R~

1 Reply Last Post May 14, 2011, 10:56 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 14, 2011, 10:56 a.m. EDT
Hi

that is also on my list of suggestions, I can only advise you to send them to "support" with the title "suggtestion v4.xxx and the you would be happy to see many arrive in the next releases, at least that is my experience, these people do rteaact but they cannot do everything everywhere over all, but the convergence is rather good, in my view, and so far ;)

Here we are mostly users, so the message might not reach the persons having the possibility to implement changes in the software

Welcome to the User Forum & Have fun Comsoling

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that is also on my list of suggestions, I can only advise you to send them to "support" with the title "suggtestion v4.xxx and the you would be happy to see many arrive in the next releases, at least that is my experience, these people do rteaact but they cannot do everything everywhere over all, but the convergence is rather good, in my view, and so far ;) Here we are mostly users, so the message might not reach the persons having the possibility to implement changes in the software Welcome to the User Forum & Have fun Comsoling -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.