Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ODE as source term in transient heat transfer model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

As a heat source, I have an ODE expression: dA/dt = (k1+k2*A^m)*(1-A)^n, A(0) = 0. I am unable to figure out how to incorporate it.

Initially, I declared a heat source Q = At (i.e. dA/dt)

and I added ODE & DAE (ge) to define the ode equation.
where I declared the following:

Name; A
function f(u,ut,utt,t)=0 => At-(k1+k2*A^m)*(1-A)^n

Unfortunately, it does not work.

I would appreciate if any one can point to the right direction.

Regards,
Susant

1 Reply Last Post May 14, 2011, 4:34 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 14, 2011, 4:34 p.m. EDT
Hi

what didnt work? if you have defined k1,k2,m,n and the BC A(0)=0 ?

apart perhaps if A was already used, (it's normally used by COMSOL for the magnetic field field vector "A") in wich case you might get a duplicated variable error, that you sould resolve by calling our variable AA insterad of A

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi what didnt work? if you have defined k1,k2,m,n and the BC A(0)=0 ? apart perhaps if A was already used, (it's normally used by COMSOL for the magnetic field field vector "A") in wich case you might get a duplicated variable error, that you sould resolve by calling our variable AA insterad of A -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.