Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat transfer (convection) coefficient

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody, I am doing some transient heat transfer simulation, including an air natural external convection/flux. The heat transfer coefficient, h [W/m^2/K], is calculated by COMSOL based on a given geometry. My simulation is going well, and the results are in good agreement with the experimental ones. But, I need to record the heat transfer coefficient, h [W/m^2/K] values adopted in the simulation by COMSOL. The variable h, assigned to the heat transfer coefficient according to the User Guide, refers to the element size in the software, not the heat transfer coefficient! I very much appreciate any guidance

1 Reply Last Post Feb 15, 2018, 11:12 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Feb 15, 2018, 11:12 a.m. EST
Updated: 6 years ago Feb 15, 2018, 11:13 a.m. EST

Hi,

Can I know, in the end, what did you use to get the heat transfer coefficient?

Hi, Can I know, in the end, what did you use to get the heat transfer coefficient?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.