Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need help with magnetic shield simulation with Comsol 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I try to simulate a permanent magnet which is put inside a steel pipe. First, I chose the magnetization of magnet is 100000 [A/m]defined boundary conditions for the walls of pipe become magnetic shielding with relative permeability of iron and thickness 1[mm]. The result is the magnetic flux still can go through the magnetic shields but not go along the thichness of iron shields. The distribution of magnetic flux density also was not uniform around the magnet. Can you help to solve that problem?

3 Replies Last Post May 8, 2011, 5:01 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 21, 2011, 1:45 a.m. EST
Hi

are you sure its not just the selected flux lines settings, have you tried to play with them ?

ANd have you checked the magnetic flux with a cut or slice view ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you sure its not just the selected flux lines settings, have you tried to play with them ? ANd have you checked the magnetic flux with a cut or slice view ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 7, 2011, 1:21 p.m. EDT
As far as I know, magnetic insulator are non existant unless you simply block them using thick thick metallic plates
As far as I know, magnetic insulator are non existant unless you simply block them using thick thick metallic plates

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 8, 2011, 5:01 a.m. EDT
Hi

mu-metal does a good job, are often used in thin shells, hence are also often simulated as boundary layers

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi mu-metal does a good job, are often used in thin shells, hence are also often simulated as boundary layers -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.