Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Making current conductivity temperature dependent.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to simulate how a electrical current changes depending on the temperature. But whatever I set my temperature the electrical current seems to be the same. I've found some sort of "linearisation resistivity" but this is not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something similar but something that isn't linear...

All help is appreciated!

Regards, Edvin

2 Replies Last Post Dec 12, 2016, 4:17 p.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 12, 2016, 4:06 p.m. EST
Hi Edvin,
It is perfectly possible that the current density does not change (or does not change noticeably) with temperature even with a temperature-dependent conductivity.
You may want to post your .mph file if you are convinced the results are erroneous. Please be sure to include a description of the situation you are trying to simulate.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hi Edvin, It is perfectly possible that the current density does not change (or does not change noticeably) with temperature even with a temperature-dependent conductivity. You may want to post your .mph file if you are convinced the results are erroneous. Please be sure to include a description of the situation you are trying to simulate. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 12, 2016, 4:17 p.m. EST
Hi Jeff,

I'm amazed and very impressed by how fast this was answered. Thank you for that!

I'm sorry to say that I only have my .mph file on the universities server which I can't access from where I am right now.

But I've included the problem description here. I'm trying to replicate the figures in Appendix A with a line integral over the boundaries V1 respectively V2 with the expression ec.Jx*d were d is the thickness of the Y-switch as seen in Appendix B.

I don't know if this is enough information for any further help. Anyhow, I will upload my .mph file as soon as possible.

Thanks once again,
Edvin
Hi Jeff, I'm amazed and very impressed by how fast this was answered. Thank you for that! I'm sorry to say that I only have my .mph file on the universities server which I can't access from where I am right now. But I've included the problem description here. I'm trying to replicate the figures in Appendix A with a line integral over the boundaries V1 respectively V2 with the expression ec.Jx*d were d is the thickness of the Y-switch as seen in Appendix B. I don't know if this is enough information for any further help. Anyhow, I will upload my .mph file as soon as possible. Thanks once again, Edvin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.