Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in 4.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am facing a difficulty with comsol 4.1. In the post processing, 1-D plot, the attached error occurs. It is a simple air-glass interface 2-D model for TE polarisation plane wave and oblique incidence.

Model: RF-->emw
Study: Frequency Domain
[ I am unable to attach the .mph file.]

The error does not occur when I select the interface. However, the source line where I have the excitation specified seems to have the problem and this occurs especially when I have the parametric sweep. Strange enough, comsol doesn't have this problem when I have a single angle in the parameter file. Comsol doesn't have problem with 2 D plot either.

Please correct where I may be going wrong.

Regards,
Gayathri

5 Replies Last Post Dec 21, 2010, 12:25 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 13, 2010, 4:13 p.m. EST
Hi

I havent experienced that error before, ad do not know what it means, "support" will probably tell you, but they would need the model to understand it corretly, I expect

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I havent experienced that error before, ad do not know what it means, "support" will probably tell you, but they would need the model to understand it corretly, I expect -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 14, 2010, 8:07 a.m. EST
Thank you Ivar.
I have posted the same to the support.
Regards,
Gayathri M S
Thank you Ivar. I have posted the same to the support. Regards, Gayathri M S

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 20, 2010, 12:57 a.m. EST
Hi,

FYI.
As per the suggestion of the Support, the error got resolved when I set the "x-axis data" from the default "Arc-length" to coordinate x.
However I am not sure why arc-length is a problem while x- is not for that particular edge (excitation edge)?

Regards,
Gayathri M S
Hi, FYI. As per the suggestion of the Support, the error got resolved when I set the "x-axis data" from the default "Arc-length" to coordinate x. However I am not sure why arc-length is a problem while x- is not for that particular edge (excitation edge)? Regards, Gayathri M S

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 20, 2010, 7:06 a.m. EST
Hi

a plot along an edge uses the arc length ("s" variable going from 0 to 1) by default. But if you select several edges each one is normalised from 0 to 1 and often in different direction.
So its always better to write out fully the "x" axis of a 2D line plot

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi a plot along an edge uses the arc length ("s" variable going from 0 to 1) by default. But if you select several edges each one is normalised from 0 to 1 and often in different direction. So its always better to write out fully the "x" axis of a 2D line plot -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 21, 2010, 12:25 a.m. EST
Thank you Ivar.
Thank you Ivar.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.