Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

geometric parametrization

Fernando F. Dall`Agnol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, Can I parametrize a geometric parameter in a 3D model of v 4.0a? Thanks.

4 Replies Last Post Oct 19, 2010, 7:37 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 6, 2010, 2:35 p.m. EDT
Hi

yes try it out ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi yes try it out ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Fernando F. Dall`Agnol

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 6, 2010, 3:17 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,
Thank you for your prompt answer. I ment to ask if I can do a parametric sweep of a geometric parameter. Is there a tutorial model doing this on v. 4.0a?
Yours, Fernando.
Hi Ivar, Thank you for your prompt answer. I ment to ask if I can do a parametric sweep of a geometric parameter. Is there a tutorial model doing this on v. 4.0a? Yours, Fernando.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 7, 2010, 5:31 a.m. EDT
Hi

there is no model I know about in 4.0a, but it is straightforward:
1) make a 2D structural stationary model
2) define a parameter Th = 0.01[m]
3) draw a rectangle let us say 1m in x, and "Th" in Y
4) add a Fixed constraints on boundary 1
5) add a Body load Fy = -g_const*solid.rho
6) go to the Study node and add a "Parametrical" sweep (not the continuation inside the stationary, as that one does not loop around the geoemtry)
7) define the variable Th (use he "+")
8) define a range 0.01 0.02 0.03
9) Solve

It should work

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there is no model I know about in 4.0a, but it is straightforward: 1) make a 2D structural stationary model 2) define a parameter Th = 0.01[m] 3) draw a rectangle let us say 1m in x, and "Th" in Y 4) add a Fixed constraints on boundary 1 5) add a Body load Fy = -g_const*solid.rho 6) go to the Study node and add a "Parametrical" sweep (not the continuation inside the stationary, as that one does not loop around the geoemtry) 7) define the variable Th (use he "+") 8) define a range 0.01 0.02 0.03 9) Solve It should work -- Good luck Ivar

Fernando F. Dall`Agnol

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 19, 2010, 7:37 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,
It worked, I could make the geometry to vary in 3D. I guess that It's important to define the geometric paramters as "Parameters" and not as "Variables". Maybe that's what I was doing wrong. Thank you for your help,
Fernando.
Hi Ivar, It worked, I could make the geometry to vary in 3D. I guess that It's important to define the geometric paramters as "Parameters" and not as "Variables". Maybe that's what I was doing wrong. Thank you for your help, Fernando.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.