Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with ODE's and equations. Please help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I'm trying to model the porosity of a piece working with general heat transfer, conductive media and axial symmetry strain-stress models with COMSOL 3.5 (a time dependent analysis between 0 a 1 second). I have in paper the model of the porosity, it's a system of ODE'S and scalar expressions. The problem is that I can't manage to write my ecuations into Comsol. I want that it only works in one subdomain (the model has 7 subdomains), this one is heated by Joule effect and it's under pression, with an initial porosity. My intention is to obtain the distribution of the porosity, which depends of time and temperature, in this subdomain. Can somebody help me?

More or lees, this is the function:
y = function of porosity
psi = function of temperature
epsilon (d_e/d_t) = function of "y" and "psi"
porosity (d_theta/d_t) = function of "y" and "epsilon"

I tried constructing the ecuations in the "Subdomain expressions" and "Global equations" for the ODE's, but when it tries to calculate it, it shows the error "Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian". I read and read the help but it there wasn't enough information.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 18, 2010, 3:50 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alejandro Estrada

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.