Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to keep each solution when using multiple solvers

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I’m running a model that uses 5 Time-Dependant Solvers.

If I compute all solvers, the resulting solution will show the last solver data only.
However, I need to get data from each solver.

Actually I’m doing it manually by computing iteratively each solver… quite long.

Is there an option to keep every solver solution as a unique solution?

2 Replies Last Post Feb 28, 2012, 11:19 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2012, 1:16 a.m. EST
Hi

you can add a STORE SOlution node in the sulver sub-nodes, if COMSOL has not added those by default. then you will have 5 data sets, if you set them up correctly. Only thing be sure your initial conditions are correct, either linked or separate, as COMSOl might try to link them by default, which might not be what you want ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can add a STORE SOlution node in the sulver sub-nodes, if COMSOL has not added those by default. then you will have 5 data sets, if you set them up correctly. Only thing be sure your initial conditions are correct, either linked or separate, as COMSOl might try to link them by default, which might not be what you want ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2012, 11:19 a.m. EST
Ivar,

it works !

Thank you.
Ivar, it works ! Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.