Multiphysics Simulation: An IEEE Spectrum Insert 2012
Inside this supplement you will find stories covering modeling of metamaterials, electronic cooling, power grid components, and more.
Featured articles include:
- "Metamaterials Make Physics Seem Like Magic" - Find out what metamaterials are, why they are not in fact magic, and how you can model metamaterials in COMSOL Multiphysics.
- "Numerical Simulation-Based Topology Optimization Leads to Better Cooling of Electronic Component in Toyota Hybrid Vehicles" - Read about how Toyota is able to reduce the size of the cooling system in their hybrid cars while also saving both time and money with numerical simulations instead of physical prototyping.
- "Modeling Scar Effects in Electrical Spinal Cord Simulation" - The programming of electrodes used for spinal cord stimulation no longer needs to be a process of trial and error as 3D mathematical models can accurately predict the formations of scar tissue.
- "Upgrading the Nuts and Bolts of the Electrical Grid for a New Generation" - Simulations enable engineers to quickly evaluate design concepts for new power transformers.
- "Numerical Modeling of Electrostatic Precipitators" - In order to abide by strict emission and environmental standards, electrostatic precipitators are designed to clean flue gas, a by-product in coal production.
Browse all issues of Multiphysics Simulation: