Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient thermo-mechanical modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to use temperature dependent material properties, specifically flow stress, as a variable for heat flux into a surface, such that the flux is proportional to the flow stress? I also require that displacements be calculated, not just temperature fields. Is this possible with COMSOL 3.5a? So far, the answer looks to be, "no".

I realize that this would require a full-coupling of the thermal and structural modules, which the user manual explicitly states is not possible (only one-way by way of thermal strain).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think that I included all necessary information, but I can fill any holes.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 15, 2010, 3:21 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Clinton Canaday

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.