Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material change during time-dependent study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to find a way, of changing the material of a domain during time. I am doing a heat transfer study, simulating the cooking of a steak. I have added two domains on either side of my steak, representing the pan and the air. I then want to swap the materials of those two domains after e.g. 60 seconds (representing the flip of the steak). Is this possible? I have done something similarly with the boundary temperatures by constructing a piecewise function, but setting the material of a domain seems to work differently.

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 21, 2021, 4:24 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 21, 2021, 4:24 p.m. EDT

Emil,

probably the easiest way is to make the respective material properties time dependent.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Emil, probably the easiest way is to make the respective material properties time dependent. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.