Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error 4100??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi guys, I want to ask you about the error I found in my COMSOL, it's says:

Error: 4100
Failed to generate mesh for subdomain.
- Subdomain: 1
Failed to respect boundary element edge on geometry face.
- Face: 6
- x coordinate: -0.0228125
- y coordinate: 0.279526
- z coordinate: -0.0005
Internal error in boundary respecting.

So what should I do and why is this error happening? I want to make a structure using the composite objects, but this error come to the surface. Thanks for your attention.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 26, 2010, 3:29 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 26, 2010, 3:29 a.m. EST
Hi

often you can get around by meshing edges/faces by hand, removing "small" features in the geometry (if not relevant to the solution) or cut the volumes into smaller parts to allow the mesher to better adapt to complex geometry shapes.

Try also to change the default meshing size, or adapt it for the different parts

Try to understand where and what is getting wrong by studying the geometry around that coordinate (and any similar shaped element in your model).

Automatic meshing of complex geometries is not trivial, not even for a human ;)

Good luck
Ivar
Hi often you can get around by meshing edges/faces by hand, removing "small" features in the geometry (if not relevant to the solution) or cut the volumes into smaller parts to allow the mesher to better adapt to complex geometry shapes. Try also to change the default meshing size, or adapt it for the different parts Try to understand where and what is getting wrong by studying the geometry around that coordinate (and any similar shaped element in your model). Automatic meshing of complex geometries is not trivial, not even for a human ;) Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.