Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar flow + Solid or Multibody dynamics couple in assembly mode

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I try to understand coupling in an assembly mode by using Laminar flow+Solid or Laminar flow+Mutlibody dynamics module. To do this, I'm following a easy task which is pipe(water) + sphere(iron) model. I am able to achive following,

• Cylindrical body for pipe
  • sphere body for iron
  • run this model in union mode or assembly mode (laminar flow physic active only)

When I add solid or multibody dynamics module and choose "Fluid-Structure Interaction, Pair" then my model does not work unless I fixed every boundaries of sphere. Identity boundary pair is created automatically and I use it under multiphysic section. Whatever I do and read the manuals + other applications carefully, I did not face with a solution. Please see the figure

Any suggestions ?

-------------------
HUvet

2 Replies Last Post Sep 21, 2020, 3:48 p.m. EDT
Pawan Soami COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 21, 2020, 8:16 a.m. EDT

Dear Huseyin,

It is difficult to suggest anything without seeing the model or exact error message. Please contact COMSOL support for any help you need in order to model this problem.

Best regards,
Pawan Soami

Dear Huseyin, It is difficult to suggest anything without seeing the model or exact error message. Please contact COMSOL support for any help you need in order to model this problem. Best regards, Pawan Soami

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 21, 2020, 3:48 p.m. EDT

Dear Pawan,

Thank you for your response. Could you please provide me laminar flow+solid mechanics application at least ? One I find is fixed at one point in 2D.

-------------------
HUvet
Dear Pawan, Thank you for your response. Could you please provide me laminar flow+solid mechanics application at least ? One I find is fixed at one point in 2D.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.