Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Instant decrease of the temperature after the voltage pulse

Анна Ларинова

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, dear colleagues!

I am pretty new to COMSOL and nowadays I am making a model with the Heat Transfer in Solids module. I am applying voltage pulses to my structure and looking at the change of the temperature, that happens due to joule heating. The temperature distribution looks great if I apply nanosecond pulses. But as I start working with millisecond voltage pulses the temperature after the end of the pulse instantly decreases, the model has no gradual relaxation of the temperature at this time scale (even if the pulse heated the structure very much). Same thing happens with heating, the heating happens almost instantly. I have already tried to change all of the parameters, but it didn't work. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance and I wish you luck with your models!

1 Reply Last Post Aug 6, 2020, 6:16 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Aug 6, 2020, 6:16 p.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Aug 6, 2020, 6:17 p.m. EDT

There are a variety of potential causes of that behavior. I suggest you post your model to the forum so that other people here can see what is happening.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
There are a variety of potential causes of that behavior. I suggest you post your model to the forum so that other people here can see what is happening.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.