Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Face in geometry extrusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am using COMSOL 5.4 I've used plane geomtry to create some meander structure and extrude that part. I've used many rectangels and combined it together to form a union.

In plane geomtry, i dont see any boundaries as I removed it. But when i extrude the plane, i see faces as shown in the image.

Please let me know what could be the solution.

Regards, GA

3 Replies Last Post Aug 7, 2020, 9:07 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Jul 21, 2020, 11:52 a.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Jul 21, 2020, 11:53 a.m. EDT

Looks like you must remove the points inside the straight lines before extruding. Or construct the meander with a polygon.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Looks like you must remove the points inside the straight lines before extruding. Or construct the meander with a polygon.

Posted: 4 years ago Aug 7, 2020, 3:28 a.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Aug 7, 2020, 3:31 a.m. EDT

Is there any way to remove those points?

I don't see any Union or Conversion options to do that.

I've attached the model in this link (the model is more than 5-MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AIY-FJc3_uztqrbJhTl09hU0ohLHzNke/view?usp=sharing

Regards, GA

Is there any way to remove those points? I don't see any Union or Conversion options to do that. I've attached the model in this link (the model is more than 5-MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AIY-FJc3_uztqrbJhTl09hU0ohLHzNke/view?usp=sharing Regards, GA

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Aug 7, 2020, 9:07 a.m. EDT

Check the 'Remove Entities' function in the geometry menu.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Check the 'Remove Entities' function in the geometry menu.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.