Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

pressure load on prestressed membrane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I've been trying to simulate a MEMS mebrane with anchors at the edges, which has a prestress (of about 300MPa) and has 1 bar pressure gradient between the two sides ( pressure applied on the front side) using static mechanics. None of the following works: - put all the solid mechanics (stress + pressure) together in a single solution step: I get two separate simulations, where the stress of the two results is added at the end (no stiffening due to prestress) - create two separate steps (or studies), first one for the stress, second one for pressure: in both steps (or studies) I modify the model configuation to split the solid mechanics loads, and in the second step (study) I set values of variables not solved for>user controlled, method>solution, stydy>first study (prestress), from solution>step 1 solution (prestress). See atached screen image. All I get is a deformation which is indipendent of the prestress, so no stress stiffening. Suggestions are most welcome, regards

0 Replies Last Post Jul 14, 2020, 11:14 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alvise Bagolini

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.