Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Please Help me! Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1) Undefined material property 'mur' required by Ampère's Law 1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1) Undefined material property 'mur' required by Ampère's Law 1.

NOTE: I Checked all material properties are defined properly. And Mur stands for

3 Replies Last Post Apr 11, 2020, 12:35 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 7, 2020, 1:44 p.m. EDT
  1. It is unlikely that you would see that error message if all the material properties are defined properly. You are probably missing a specification for one or more of the domains.
  2. mur means mu-relative (aka, the relative magnetic permeability). In free space, mur=1.

If, after carefully checking, you can't find a domain where you failed to assign mur, then I suggest you post your model to the forum so that others can take a look at it, since they may be able to find the problem.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
1. It is unlikely that you would see that error message if all the material properties are defined properly. You are probably missing a specification for one or more of the domains. 2. mur means mu-relative (aka, the relative magnetic permeability). In free space, mur=1. If, after carefully checking, you can't find a domain where you failed to assign mur, then I suggest you post your model to the forum so that others can take a look at it, since they may be able to find the problem.

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 11, 2020, 11:59 a.m. EDT

Hi thank you so much for the reply. I have rectified as you said. Thank you sir. I have one more question though. I wanted to apply two different currents like 500A for 10mins and then for next 5 mins I wanted to apply 100A only. Is there a way to do this? If you dont mind can you guide me? I could not find any tutorial helping me. The problem used for this is based on Induction heating. No tutorials show time varying current like. It would be really helpful. Thank you so much.

Hi thank you so much for the reply. I have rectified as you said. Thank you sir. I have one more question though. I wanted to apply two different currents like 500A for 10mins and then for next 5 mins I wanted to apply 100A only. Is there a way to do this? If you dont mind can you guide me? I could not find any tutorial helping me. The problem used for this is based on Induction heating. No tutorials show time varying current like. It would be really helpful. Thank you so much.

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 11, 2020, 12:35 p.m. EDT

You can create functions of time for any input current that you want. In the Model Builder, go to Component --> Definitions --> Functions and choose what you want. You can assemble or apply multiple functions . For example, two rectangular pulse functions, offset in time, could provide the function you want. Or write your own analytic expressions. There are many ways to do this.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
You can create functions of time for any input current that you want. In the Model Builder, go to Component --> Definitions --> Functions and choose what you want. You can assemble or apply multiple functions . For example, two rectangular pulse functions, offset in time, could provide the function you want. Or write your own analytic expressions. There are many ways to do this.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.