Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nonconverging

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I got this error in my simulation, How should I solve it

Nonlinear solver did not converge. In Velocity u, Pressure p: No convergence, even when using the minimum damping factor. Time: 370.89765902442974 s. Last time step is not converged.

Thanks in advance, Reza

2 Replies Last Post Apr 13, 2020, 8:46 p.m. EDT

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 7, 2020, 2:44 p.m. EDT

Make sure yo uhave well posed prolbem and well defined and imposed boudary condtions. If flow field it not converging, apply point pressure contraints.

Make sure yo uhave well posed prolbem and well defined and imposed boudary condtions. If flow field it not converging, apply point pressure contraints.

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 13, 2020, 8:46 p.m. EDT

I had the point pressure constratints. Actually I solved the problem by changing the scaling method for the velocity field (in study/solver configurations/Solution 1/dependent variable/velocity filed/scaling/initial value based.)

Hope it will help others as well.

I had the point pressure constratints. Actually I solved the problem by changing the scaling method for the velocity field (in study/solver configurations/Solution 1/dependent variable/velocity filed/scaling/initial value based.) Hope it will help others as well.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.