Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Studying E-field of two semi-infinite regions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm fairly new to Comsol, and would like some suggestions in setting up a simulation. I want to study the a particular structure (see attachment). Specifically, I want to know the E-field pattern along the dielectric-gold interface under plane wave illumination.

It is infinite along the y-direction, and there are different materials along the z-direction. The gold layer only occupies in the region of x>0, and there is no gold in x<0. Which study in the wave optics module is the best and how should I set up the boundary condition? Periodic boundary condition along the left and right sides don't work as in the case it is actually not periodic (x=0 separates the two semi-infinite regions).

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post Jul 22, 2019, 1:58 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Physics student

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.