Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to simulate AC Multi-turn coil numeric

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to simulate the result as changing inductace of coil in an active eddy current sensor with different material target. The Multi-turn coil numeric fuction is selected to simulate regtangular coil geometry. I use two steps in simulaiton; step1 Coil Geometry Analysis and step2 Frequency Domain. However, I cannot find the coil inductance parameter in results. There are only coil current and coil resistance DC.

Can anyone guide me to solve this problem?

Note that I follow the example of using Multi-turn coil numeric with Alternative Current in https://www.comsol.de/forum/thread/attachment/214261/3D_Coils_43a-45831.pdf. However, there is only DC simulation case in that example.

Thank

2 Replies Last Post May 23, 2019, 7:25 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago May 21, 2019, 2:11 a.m. EDT

Hi,

in a frequency domain setup with a numeric coil in mf-physics I see all the coil parameters in the results section.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, in a frequency domain setup with a numeric coil in mf-physics I see all the coil parameters in the results section. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago May 23, 2019, 7:25 a.m. EDT

Dear Edgar,

Thank you very much. I found it.

Siripong

Dear Edgar, Thank you very much. I found it. Siripong

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.