Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two phase darcy Law

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model a air-water flow in a glass-bead base porous media (with three zones; matrix, fracture and skin)- [the problem definition is attached ]

-The model I set up is symmetric 2D Two-phase Darcy's Law, which is initially fully saturated with water [tpdl.s1_initial=1] and initial atmosphere pressure [p_int= 1 atm] with fixed atmosphere pressure at outlet [p_out = 1 atm ] -To define the capillary behavior I have used model defined KozneyBrooks model [lambda=5 , p_ec=1000 Pa] for capillary pressure and relative permeability. -Also, to smooth the air (s_injection= 0) inlet velocity (u_in=5e-5 , smoothed by step function for 2 s).

But my model doesn't converge after 0.3 s ! please find the set up model in the attachment. Thanks for your kind help

0 Replies Last Post May 25, 2018, 2:16 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Maziyar Mahmoodi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.