Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PML creation in Time-Dependent.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi, I am trying to build a PML in time -dependent, I know that i can't use PML built in Comsol, so that's try i am trying to build one based of the formulas, It is useful to use Damping and impliment the variation of the factors in it ? Any suggestions might be helpfull thankyou.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 20, 2018, 8:59 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Apr 20, 2018, 8:59 a.m. EDT

ps: I'm not familiar with time-dependent simulation, but I'm interested in your question.

In frequency domain, the built-in PMLs work perfectly most of the time. So I'm curious about PMLs in time-dependent situation. Aren't the built-in PMLs supposed to work well? If not, why don't it work?

I look forward to hearing replies from experts!

-------------------
ZHANG, Pu
School of Physics,
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
ps: I'm not familiar with time-dependent simulation, but I'm interested in your question. In frequency domain, the built-in PMLs work perfectly most of the time. So I'm curious about PMLs in time-dependent situation. Aren't the built-in PMLs supposed to work well? If not, why don't it work? I look forward to hearing replies from experts!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.