Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help with rotating frame of reference

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey All,

Hoping someone here might be able to help me. I am simulating a wind turbine blade in COMSOL (see attached). Currently I've one blade set up in a fluid domain (120 degrees or 1/3) and am trying to perform an fsi in a similar way to a tutorial in ansys. In ansys the governing equations are the continuity and Navier-Stokes equations. These equations are written in a frame of reference rotating with the blade. This has the advantage of making the simulation not require a moving mesh to account for the rotation of the blade. Can anyone help me with setting something similar up in COMSOL?

I have most settings correct I believe I just need to add a angular velocity to the fluid domain (other than rotating mesh), but cannot seem to do this correctly.

Much thanks in advance for any help!

0 Replies Last Post Jan 18, 2018, 5:17 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ben Morrissey

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.