Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Matlab and Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Where can I find information to start using the programs combined.

I am thinking of calling Comsol from Matlab and bring back the results to Matlab to insert them in a minimun error function , and create like a loop to obtaing the fitting parameters...

Thanks,
Ana

1 Reply Last Post Oct 21, 2009, 5:59 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2009, 5:59 p.m. EDT
Hi Ana

First there are already a few discussions about this subject, try a search.
In short
a) there is the optimisation module within COMSOL (separate pack I believe,
b) you can either start with a "comsol matlab" or perform a link to MATLAB from the GUI (File tab), once matlb is started you can get the fem.* structure from COMSOL into matlab with a CNTRL F.

Now I suggest that you read through, acouple of times the, matlab interface doc "mlinterface.pdf" and the user "guide.pdf" as well as the "command.pdf" list to matlab as well as running a few examples that illustrates the use of the Matlab interface.

COMSOL documentation is quite OK once you take the time to read carefully, because the subject is rather dense.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Ana First there are already a few discussions about this subject, try a search. In short a) there is the optimisation module within COMSOL (separate pack I believe, b) you can either start with a "comsol matlab" or perform a link to MATLAB from the GUI (File tab), once matlb is started you can get the fem.* structure from COMSOL into matlab with a CNTRL F. Now I suggest that you read through, acouple of times the, matlab interface doc "mlinterface.pdf" and the user "guide.pdf" as well as the "command.pdf" list to matlab as well as running a few examples that illustrates the use of the Matlab interface. COMSOL documentation is quite OK once you take the time to read carefully, because the subject is rather dense. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.