Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rotating Cylinder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

In the Heat Transfer Module (General heat transfer, Transient Analysis (2D)) I want to rotate a 2D cylinder in time(to simulate the heating and cooling of a cylinder in time). Does anyone know if I can do this rotational transformation? ( X: r * sin (omega * t) Y: r * cos (omega *t) ) and where I have to implement this?

Thank you on advance,

P

3 Replies Last Post Oct 20, 2009, 3:47 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 19, 2009, 5:05 p.m. EDT
Hi

what about rotatating the source rather than the cylinder, apart from the minus sign in the velocity it should be the same. If I understand you, you have a 2D model x,y plane seen along the axis in Z, if your source is applied to the boundary you can delimit it with a bolean function for a certain angular width, given an angular rotational velocity times the time "t".

Check the laser soldering example in the doc, or is it in the models ?

Good luck
Ivar
Hi what about rotatating the source rather than the cylinder, apart from the minus sign in the velocity it should be the same. If I understand you, you have a 2D model x,y plane seen along the axis in Z, if your source is applied to the boundary you can delimit it with a bolean function for a certain angular width, given an angular rotational velocity times the time "t". Check the laser soldering example in the doc, or is it in the models ? Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 20, 2009, 3:47 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

Thank you a lot for your answer, I will try if it works and keep you up to date.

P
Hi Ivar, Thank you a lot for your answer, I will try if it works and keep you up to date. P

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 20, 2009, 3:47 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

Thank you a lot for your answer, I will try if it works and keep you up to date.

P
Hi Ivar, Thank you a lot for your answer, I will try if it works and keep you up to date. P

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.