Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing a 2D CAD file into COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to import a 2D CAD file into COMSOL 3.5 that was generated from a CAD software and I get the error below.

"Error: 3034 - Imported geometry contains no geometry objects."

The 2D file is just a cross-section of a 3D CAD geometry that I have.

I have tried several import options including .igs, .stp, and .sat. All of these options give the same error.

Can anyone suggest a way to import these 2D cross-sections into COMSOL?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Oct 24, 2016, 9:10 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 8, 2010, 1:16 a.m. EST
Hi

in 3.5 you can only import "dxf" in 2D mode

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in 3.5 you can only import "dxf" in 2D mode -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 24, 2016, 9:10 p.m. EDT
what about in version 5.2a?
I have an image from X-ray CT and made a cross-sectional view of it.
Using image j, I exported it to jpg and tried to import it to comsol, but it did not work out.
What else format works for comsol 5.2??
what about in version 5.2a? I have an image from X-ray CT and made a cross-sectional view of it. Using image j, I exported it to jpg and tried to import it to comsol, but it did not work out. What else format works for comsol 5.2??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.