Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling ultrasonic cavitation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I am interested in modelling ultrasonic cavitation using COMSOL. The objective is to model the pressure distribution in a liquid caused due to the vibration of a horn immersed in the liquid and vibrating at a specific frequency.
The horn is vibrated at a specific frequency by a PZT crystal mounted on one end. On the other end of the horn (which is dipped in the liquid) is a specimen. As the horn vibrated the liquid will cavitate and cause cavitation erosion at the horn tip where the specimen is mounted.

I want to model the horn (its geometry is known) which is vibrating in a known liquid at a given frequency and be able to estimate the pressures in the liquid (max, min, and collapse pressure)

Will somebody help me to model this ? Or point out some examples in this area.

TIA

regards
sree

0 Replies Last Post Nov 7, 2010, 1:38 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sree bk

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.