Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

strongly singular integral

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Ivar,

Thank you for your answer.

In fact, I would like to perform my integral (noted I) for x = 1 to x = 3, with I = 0 en x = 2 (in other words, I impose that I = 0 at the singularity x = 2 to avoid the divergence). Unfortunately, there is no predefined function in comsol that allows me to calculate this integral well defined...I don't see a general method to solve it.

Ivar, have you a "trick" to impose I = 0 at x = 2 and perform the rest of the integral ?

Thank you for your patience.

Antony Sullivan

0 Replies Last Post Oct 7, 2010, 8:19 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Antony Sullivan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.